Saturday, December 09, 2006

    Why the blog?

    What you can expect here: I run this blog on my own time, and with my own money (not that it costs much). Please note that what I say on this blog is my personal opinion and is not read or approved by anyone before it is posted. Even though I work for Microchip, not everything accurately reflects the views of my employer, my management, my co-workers, Microchip partners or affiliates. I do my best to ensure that everything I post is accurate, but the postings on this site are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

    What you will not get here: I can’t comment on rumors, unreleased details, data or anything that is covered under my Microchip NDA.

    If you need Development Tool technical support: Please try the Microchip's normal support channels. You can enter a support ticket at [http://support.microchip.com], post a question to the web forum [http://forum.microchip.com], or contact your local Field Applications Engineer. I'm not a support engineer.

    I created the blog for a couple of reasons. 1) I wanted to post a YouTube video on the web forum, but the software won't allow embeded objects. Plus users with slower connections would have had problems. 2) A lot of new users on the web forum seem to think that my posts are some sort of official response or message from Microchip. My messages aren't reviewed by anyone and I can't make any promises on behalf of Microchip or the Development Tools group. I'm hoping that people reading messages on a personal web blog will take messages with the appropriate grain of salt.

    No comments: