Tuesday, February 13, 2007

    Crunch time for 7.52

    About 8 weeks have raced by since the MPLAB IDE 7.51 interim release. That means another release is rapidly approaching and it's crunch time for the entire Microchip Development Systems group. Not only do we have a new interim version of the IDE on deck, major new versions of MPLAB C18 and MPLAB C30 will follow closely behind.

    I can't tell you much about the all of the changes in MPLAB IDE because I haven't had much time to try them out myself. Same goes for C18.

    On the other hand, I've been working closely with another test engineer to run C30 through the gauntlet. I can tell you that this C30 release has a few significant new features and it is a big step for the compiler. I shouldn't really detail the new features before the release, but be sure to read the readme file and the migration document when they hit the web.

    So, once all of the software tools are approved for release to the web, I'll try to come up with a bullet list of changes that may interest http://forum.microchip.com users like I did for MPLAB IDE 7.51. I didn't get much feedback last time, but I hope it was useful to some users.

    No comments: