Monday, February 19, 2007

    How to Disable Outlook's CTRL+ENTER Send Mail Shortcut

    I recently switched to Outlook 2003 for my email, contacts, and calendar. Unfortunately, since the switch, several of my co-workers have received empty and unfinished messages from me. Why? Outlook has a CTRL+ENTER shortcut key to send a message. I'm not really sure why, but my fingers seem to like to hit CTRL+ENTER for other reasons...

    Luckily Blake Handler has posted instructions on how to disable this shortcut.
    You can disable CTRL-ENTER in Outlook by adding the two following registry keys:

    Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\
    11.0\Outlook\DisabledShortcutKeysCheckBoxes
    String Value: CtrlEnter
    Value Data: 13,8
    Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\
    11.0\Word\DisabledShortcutKeysCheckBoxes
    String Value: CtrlEnter
    Value Data: 13,8


    NOTE: I'm using Office 2003 = 11.0 (XP = 10.0, 2000 = 9.0)

    Read the full step-by-step instructions on Blake Handler's blog.

    No comments: